Friday, January 17, 2014

Newest Projects

I made it through another Christmas without finishing my Christmas Quilt. I had such good intentions, but as the holidays get closer, things just get so hectic. I really am on the home stretch, but it'll be next year before I actually get to enjoy it. It's amazing how long it can take to sew together 285 squares!

The main hold up was trying to figure out my embroidery attachment on my sewing machine. I spent several weeks trying to figure out how to upload designs and actually make them work. I DID finally have success- and I decided on a few different snowman and snowflake designs to garnish my quilt.



Here is one design I chose. I was practicing on scrap fabric :)

I made homemade ornaments this year as presents for some family members, so that took precedent as well. I think they turned out really well.

 I managed to forget to take final pictures of each (mostly because I was hand sewing them in the car) but they turned out very cute!

I also attempted making bunny clothes last week for Luke's bunny. It wasn't a failed attempt, but lets just say I won't be quitting my day job to take up miniature clothes making!



Hopefully I can get to working on the christmas quilt over the weekend and have some updated pictures to show for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment