Thursday, November 17, 2011

Black Friday

Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I love the meaning behind it.. I love buying gifts and surprising people.. I love everything about it! And I'll be the first to admit that my Christmas decorations will go up before we even hit December.
But Im slightly disturbed by the Black Friday hype. Can we get through Thanksgiving first?! I've never been a Black Friday shopper.. And truthfully I've never been bothered by it until this year. Walmart is opening at 10pm ON thanksgiving.. and Target is opening at midnight.
Therefore, most employees probably have to be there at some point Thanksgiving night to start prepping.

On top of that, one of my new Austin friends (Angela) manages a Target locally. So not only does she have to be there on Black Friday.. but basically all day Thanksgiving to set up for Black Friday. It makes me really sad for her. She wont even get to have a Thanksgiving. She'll be resting up for the Black Friday craziness!

Are the deals really that great? And even if the are- surely opening at 6am is sufficient.

I think I'll stick with Cyber Monday so I can actually enjoy my Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I agree!! Chick-fil-a is opening early too! I would rather pay full price than fight those crowds...yuck.

    I had no idea about your blog, love it!

    ReplyDelete