Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hot Chocolate 15K

I'm a little behind here, people. But better late than never right?

My friend Libby and I ran in a 15K back in January. When she suggested it, I was slightly frightened (seeing as I'd never completed a 9 mile run) but I decided to take on the challenge with her! And I also had not gotten to visit with her in what seemed like YEARS, so it was a great opportunity for us to spend some time together!

The race itself was not until Sunday. So on Saturday, we spent the day showing Libby around Atlanta and doing a few fun things. We were required to pick up our race day packets downtown. So we decided to make a day out of it and also make a stop by Coca Cola World! Thomas and I hadn't been there since we moved to Atlanta 4 years ago, so it was a lot of fun for us also!

Race Day Packet Pick Up!



3-D Movie at Coca Cola World :)



Ever wonder what happens to all the Olympic torches? Here they are! 

After a full day in Atlanta, Libby and I met up with some of my Georgia friends for a little painting! We didn't enjoy the full "sips and strokes" experience since we were running the next morning. But it was still fun getting together and seeing how all of our artwork turned out differently!


Libby and I arrived downtown early Sunday morning. Parking was a little worrisome with so many runners attending (and also a afternoon Falcons game) but we didn't have any troubles and got there with plenty of time to spare!



Overall, we had a great time! And shockingly, the weather was perfect for a mid January day. Not QUITE the temperature for enjoying a steaming cup of hot chocolate, but we enjoyed it anyway!










No comments:

Post a Comment